Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Louisiana- Chandler's Creek

My favorite place in the whole world is the creek down the road from my Mom's. I spent many, many, many hours there as a kid. Now I get to share it with my kids. Although Alex went with me last year, today was Sabrina's first time. I'm glad that Mom went with us.
I think I was the biggest kid there. I had so much fun catching small crawfish to show the kids. I also collected nature items like beaver chewed sticks, nuts, clay, and seeds for the kids' nature box. We had a picnic, which the kids loved; especially Sabrina.
All in all, we had a great time playing in the water and in the sand. At one point Alex dumped a bucket of wet sand in Sabrina's hair, but he's still alive, (I didn't even yell, but he knows never never to do that again). A stray dog showed up and Sabrina named him Blue. Marie-Anne

No comments: