Friday, July 22, 2011

Lewis Family Park





We had a park outreach at a new to us park. Lewis Family Park is actually only a few minutes from our home in a direction we rarely go. Of Course the kids got to play at the playground while everything was being set up.



Alex rescued this praying mantis from some other kids. They thought it was a walking stick,”it spits in your eyes.” I tried to tell them that praying mantises don't spit, but I don't think they believed me. One girl thought Alex was a hero because she loves Kung Fu Panda.



I know this picture is blurry, but I had to include it. We had already gotten our hotdog and sat to watch the Christian movie. Some kids Alex invited came. I told him that maybe someone he invited would get saved when Pastor preaches at the end of the movie. Alex jumped up and said, “we got to go invite more people so they can get saved!” He led me through the entire park shouting,”Free hotdogs over at the chairs.” The kid was hoarse by the time we finished, but several other kids went to at least get the free food. We are quite proud of our little evangelist.

Marie-Anne

No comments: