Thursday, June 5, 2008

Gilcrease Wildlife Sanctuary

Alex and I took some friends to Gilcrease Wildlife Sanctuary. Alex and I had been there before when Cassandra was here, but Josie and her kids had never been. This time they had little bags of carrots for a quarter a piece so I bought some for the kids to feed the animals. Serena and London were scared of the animals, but not Alex. At least Alex wasn’t until he saw them acting scared, even then he wasn’t afraid to feed the goats, cows, llamas, and donkeys. The kids had a lot of fun. They LOVED the baby pigs- I had never seen pigs so tiny!

After that we went to Cityview Park and had a picnic. Josie’s tuna sandwiches were awesome! I’m going to have to find out what she put in them. The kids played on the playground for a while then we fed the ducks. To me that was a little scary because they went on a dock with no railing. Alex kept getting near the edge. After the second time I just held his hand- of course he didn’t like that, but I was taking no chances of him falling into that water. We were all tired when we left and I am amazed that Alex didn’t take a nap, but he’s still going. He’ll probably sleep through Bible Study tonight.

Marie-Anne

No comments: